Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Saturday, November 1, 2008



Last friday was the last 6hrs-long lab session for this semester. Come to think of it, the whole learning experience had been great. It was the 1st time we worked in the newly-built organic lab in the new SPMS building, each of us assigned an individual fumehood, individual experiment.


Looking back at the very 1st lab session of the semester, I was completely lost, confused, panicky and 不知所措... I spent a long long time checking my apparatus in the fume cupboard and had to get reassurance for every step I make in doing the experiment. And I remember I worked almost 6hrs straight cux didn't have any reflux time for the 1st experiment.


But fortunately, now that we've come to the end of a semester, at least I could say that I have learnt alot, even though not everything, from the lab sessions. Maybe.... lab work can be interesting and enjoyable too, even though I'm always getting low yield and occassionally breaking a glassware or two or nearly scalding myself with the 120 degrees celcius oven.

















Well, I do look forward to lab work next semester. Not sure how long the lab hours would be. For now, there's still 2 more lab reports to be handed in before I can 安心 and study for the exams.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home