Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's been nearly 2 mths since I last cuaght a movie and I feel so contented to have watched a nice one yesterday!

It was my free day so I studied in school with the CBC clique, after which I went for dinner with Angeline at JP and we watched the movie "Butterfly Lovers". It's sort of a remake of the original 梁祝, very old movie. What can I say? I love it!




Other than the major plus factor that the male and female lead are really eye candies, the storyline is just so enjoyable and full of twist. There's a combination of comedy, action, romance and heart-wrenching scenes. Although it's true that the plot is abit jokerish and exaggerated at times, but that's the whole point I guess, to make it a light-hearted yet touching romance comedy.

The original "Butterfly Lovers'' depicts the story of the female lead pretending to be a guy to attend some scholar classes, but in this remake, the female lead attended some martial arts school instead. I think the idea is fresh and online ratings shouldnt give just 2 stars rating for that. If they're expecting a plot similar to the original 梁祝, then might as well don't remake the movie right. It'd be pointless just replacing the casts but with the same old storyline, no twist at all le.

I can't deny that Wu Zhun's taiwanese accent does indeed seemed abit off in this kinda 古装 show. The way he speaks is just abit too fast and too...... taiwanese-idol-drama-like. But other than that both Charlene and Wu Zhun acted well in their facial expressions. And there's the 马大哥!Omg.. 2 shuai guys acting in it. Melts my heart.. LOL! Even though 马大哥 is acting as the bad guy role, but his love for 祝言之 is well depicted. Quite touching actually..


I wouldn't mind watching the movie again man.. but of cuz I don't have the free time to do so lah. Shall get the DVD or watch again on cableTV next time! Haha.. I'll definitely recommend this movie to my friends, but maybe not for the jiak gan dang people out there lah. They won't have that kind of sense of humour and probably wont be interested anyway.



Ok, coming up next week....

Inorganic Chemistry test 2, Korean test 2, Korean essay, Korean listening test, Korean oral test... =S


안녕히 계세요!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home