Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Monday, August 11, 2008

The past few weeks had been eventful. Lots of ups and downs and I'm almost mentally, emotionally and physically drained.

The Hall 8 FOC was fantastic and I'm glad that I took part as a programmer, though being a slack one. =) I managed to know many more eighters whom I had been seeing them around in hall, but just didn't have the chance to interact with them or even remember their names.

Following was the start of 1st week of school. It could have been a relaxed week for my timetable, as there wasn't any tutorials or lab session on the 1st week of school, which means that I could have gone home on wednesday afternoon but yet, I couldn't. Pageant trainings have begun for the contestants this year and being one of the Pageant Coordinators, I had to be around for them.

I went for the NIE band audition on Thursday evening and it was quite a nerve-wrecking experience. I know, I've been playing in band for like 6yrs? But afterall, there'd been a 2 yrs break in between from now naturally I'm afraid that I wouldn't be on-form. It was a 1 to 1 audition by the band conductor himself, and he constantly stressed that the repertoire pieces which we'll be playing is very difficult. This scares me alot lah! Afterall, I'm taking Band as an elective, which means a graded module! I certainly hope I wouldnt get a grade which would drag my GPA down. =S

So anyway, I was asked to play a piece which he randomly selects on the spot and gosh! My sight-reading sucks! But I got through the audition however. He said that my tone is good, just that I need to practice on rythmn. Band practices are going to commence on August 15th, which means I'll most probably be going home only on Saturdays the whole of this sem.

We're going into the 2nd week of school now and I know I better START to be aware of what's happening during lessons. I know I'm gonna be damn busy with pageant trainings lining up almost everyday. It's kinda like Dejavu, as if I'm the contestant like last year. But then, no, I'm just their "nanny" for now. =D


Yesterday was photoshoot at Clark Quay!

We brought them to Far East Plaze for clothes fitting at STAGE (Luo Zi Xiang's brand) before heading down to Clark Quay at noon for the photoshoot.



It rained heavily before so by the time we reached Clark Quay, the weather was really good.
Not too sunny, just nice and warm. But not very good for the photographers though, they kept complaining about the lack of light, not bright enough etc. Haha. Yada yada, as long as I wont get tanned any further then it's good.. to me...

We settled down at some tables in front of Clinic as they were still not opened for the day.


The contestants had their change of clothes, make-up and hair styled before the shoot begins.
I took quite alot of "back-stage" photos and these are just some of them...





The cutest couple...




We seniors had fun trigger-happying while they had theirs too...




Photo of the Day! So nice!



I'd to go prepare now. Will be bringing them to Gary's dance studio for dance lessons in the evening before going back to hall. Shall update again soon when I have the time. Cheers`

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home