Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Presenting my new precious baby...

Yamaha YFL-271



Although it ain't Miyazawa, I'm still super contented that I'm finally able to possess my very own flute!!! This is something that I've been yearning to buy for years. Cost me $963.30, which I could have spent on another holiday trip... but I guess it's worth it lah. At least I've a defined form of leisure/ hobby now :)

Went swimming with Angeline yesterday morning. We were discussing alot about the bintan trip which we went seperately. I still couldn't understand why I ended up spending so much more even though mine was a 2D1N trip while hers was 3D2N. Even if she was to go for spa treatment, she end up spending lesser than me. Hmm, Maybe it's wiser to go through travel agency the next time.

Speaking of the weekend retreat at Bintan last Sat & Sun. I've been recuperating and heading out quite often since I return and haven got the time to blog about it yet. Anyway, it was a simple and relaxing trip. We stayed at Angsana Beach Resort and I super love their beach! The seawater was quite clear and not much fishes at the shallow waters so we were able to lay on the sand and just enjoy the gentle waves hitting the shore. The overall setting was peaceful and comfortable, and the Sun feels good. Ya, I usually hated the Sun but I can't possibly hide under the umbrella when the girls are all tanning.

The service of the resort was good but sometimes they act abit slow. I guess it's just their relaxed and slow-paced of life over there which influenced their work/ actions.

Spa treatment at Angsana was a fresh experience although it wasn't really cheap, S$146 for a 30min flower scrub + 60min oil massage. Like Jiesi says, we're paying for the experience, which was great so money's well-spent afterall.

However, food quality at the resort really sucks. Very expensive yet not tasty at all. Our best meal was at Kelong Restaurant where we had our dinner on the 1st night. The next morning we had room service for breakfast but the food is a big disappointment as usual. The mee goreng is nothing compared to Singapore's food. It's a lesson learnt, the next time we go to such beach resort again, I'll be sure to bring along tidbits for us to munch on at night over drinks. LOL!


I've uploaded photos on facebook which can be accessed at this link:


Ask whether I'll visit Bintan again? Definitely.. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home