Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008


Last Saturday, Dear and I went for the National Day '08 preview at the floating stadium off Marina Bay.


It was my 1st time watching a national day performance there as the previous times were all at the Kallang National Stadium. The feeling of being there by the Singapore River is nice but yet I think the experience at Kallang Stadium is still better. Bigger area for performers, able to accomodate more audience, more historical values etc...


We had lunch at Marina Square. After dinner with Jas and Ade the other time, I've always wanted to bring Dear to try out the food at Waraku Pasta. Indeed, I'm satisfied with their food once again. You just gotta try their soup pasta!





I was excitedly watching out for the 2nd performance of the show, the Line Dance. This is because mummy is performing! I'm so sure I managed to spot her among the sea of dancers. I took a short video and showed it to her when we got home and she confirmed that I did pointed her out correctly. :D



Next up was the Parade with VIPs and MPs simulated. LOL!




I think that the aircraft acrobatics performance was the most interesting performance of that evening. I was this close to capturing its full formation. Damn nice!

They even drew a heart in the lovely evening sky, which was said to show our love for Singapore.






As night falls, more and more performances were displayed. However, it was getting a little boring toward the end because they're mostly very similar by using fanciful lights and musical effects. I couldn't even understand the meaning behind some of the performances anyway.





NDP'08 ended with its grand finale, not forgetting the fanciful fireworks which have not failed to disappoint me after staying through the entire show.



I've always love fireworks!





Such a pity that beautiful things don't always last forever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home