Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Monday, February 11, 2008

CNY!

Chinese New Year holidays are over so soon!

I'm once again back at hall. I know I have to abandon my holiday mood and start studying soon. Mid-term exams are approaching and I haven't been consistent with my work! Time to buck up.

But before that, the CNY period is still not over yet! (even though the holidays are...)


I met up with the 'Latte' clique after I specially went back to school to hand in my lab report.




Eunice suggested that we should 'Lao Yu Sheng' together, so they bought the 'sashimi yu sheng' set from Sakae Sushi + an additional can of pacific clams. ('bao bei' in chinese!)




Adding in the seasonings...


the pacific clams... I like I like!!! =P

and lastly, the salmon sashimi!!!




We started 'lao-ing' and shouted out lots of 'four-letter-words'. LOL! Not vulgarities k. Is words of blessing. ^^
Ok. I can't and I dunno how to type Chinese characters on blogger. Nvm.
Anyway, I spent my CNY eve in Malaysia, back at Ah Ma's house. We stayed overnight and this year's special. Relatives from my mum's side came over to visit my father's side family.


Lunch with cousins from mother's side....
I'm not in there for an obvious reason. Duh.

After lunch, I showed my cousins around the place. Ah Ma had a small farmhouse behind the house and I went to look for piyo-piyo.
Found lots of them in the cage!!! Though not as cute as piyo-piyo. Haha!
Don't ask me why the little ducklings are caged together with the mother hen.
I dunno either. Haha.


Cousins checking out the ponds where my Ah Gong reared fishes.



Quite a lot of them actually...




Several other ponds....




Cousin of the same age as me!!! Dragon babies!!!

We set the camera timer on a durian tree in order to take a group photo!


We started playing with big kites as it was really windy...





Can you imagine how windy it was?

I can already feel the cool breeze brushing my hair... ^^
Uncle opening up coconuts..
Ah Gong collected some coconuts from the plantation and we drank the coconut juice straight away from the shell.
Fresh!!! Tasted rEeeaally sweet!!!

Papa drove us to the nearby seaside where he used to live during his childhood.



After so many years, the house remained in good condition but it had been vacant for ages.
Perfect spot for filming horror movie I would say...
Ok. I'm considering of doing that next time. Then you all can pay me to watch.
It'd be scary.. I promise. LOL!




Cousins followed us back to Singapore for a few days' stay before returning to KL.
Had a tiring but fun-filled 3 days with my dear cousins. Never fail to have a good time with them around.
We bought the same watches...


Went all the way to Kallang Leisure Park to catch late night movie.
It's a newly-opened mall. Not much of a shopping mall but more of leisure park, as the name suggest. It houses a number of entertainment facilities like cinema, arcade, ice-skating ring, bowling alley etc.
Anyway...


-Ah Long Pte Ltd-


The show is damn funny man. I think I laughed so hard throughout that my facial muscles became numb. LOL!
They filmed in many different languages and dialects...
Chinese, Malay, Hokkien, Cantonese and even Hakka!
Can't remember whether English is spoken or not. Maybe a tiny bit lah.
Mark Lee's sissy-ness was so damn entertaining! Watch it k? Highly recommended. =D
However, certain parts of the original movie had been censored. Most of them involve discussions/ criticism about the government. Probably that's why....

Finally met up with Dear Dear on Sunday. Missed him so muchie.
We went to watch CJ 7 after he came my house to 'bai nian'.

Stephen Chow has been my idol since young!
I'm serious!
I've watched almost all his comedy shows for at least 3 times each.
Sometimes I can fully predict what's going to happen next throughout the entire show but still never fail to laugh at his funny expressions.

He's growing old le... =(
Wish he'd film or act in many many more movies in time to come...



CJ 7 is a nice movie with touching storyline.
It's only shortcoming is that the movie length is too short. Only 88 mins. It became rather abrupt towards the ending, even though it never fails to account for it nicely.
In this show, Stephen Chow acted more of a wise old man instead of the usual act cute young chap. Well, he's not young anymore, you see.
However, CJ 7 is really cute!!! I also want one! Drop down from the sky pls!!! LOL!

In case you still don't know, the child starring as Stephen Chow's boy is actually a girl in real life, named Xu Jiao. View it here.


Her acting is fantastic! Full of facial expression!!!
And I must say that I was taken aback when I found out that he is actually a girl. Doesn't show at all in the movie. Haha.
Well... Just watch it ok? It's worth it.
Especially for Stephen Chow's fan! ^^


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home