Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm back!

I've not been blogging for a long long time!



I had reformatted my lappy but then encountered problems on installing the drives. Dear had to help me fix it. Now it's well and working much faster!!!



*Happy*

Life in school has been alright. Have been staying awake for a longer period of time during lessons. So glad of myself. Haha!

Hall life have been fine.

Our cheerleading team had came in 1st for the prestigious interhall cheerleading competition 2008. They've done a good job. At last...their hardwork paid off.


=D



It's Astro week this week and the Astronomical Society had set up booths in school and had organised star-gazing activities for the night.

Janice & I joined them at the ADM rooftop yesterday night for the star gazing session.






About 20 people turned up and the ppl from the school's Astronomical Society explained to us patiently on how to identify the different star constellations in the Winter Sky.

It's been very interesting! Except for the act that we had to constantly raise our heads and look up into the starry sky. My neck's rather tiring after that. lol!

They used this very cool laser pointer which shines all the way.. I really mean ALL THE WAY high up into the sky. Like as if it penetrates the clouds and touches the stars.. .. .. So nice..

Oh anyway, they point the laser beam at the stars as it aids them in explaining the pattern of the constellation. Of course we had to use quite a bit of imagination too lah. haha.

We had a chance to look into this big BIG telescope (bout 1.5m long) to get a clearer and bigger view of the star clusters.




Guess what?








I GOT TO SEE MARS!!!







For the 1st time in my life! Seeing the ACTUAL planet of Mars revolving from inside the telescope!

I mean I really did see the actual reddish-orange, round ball of mass rotating round and round, not just the small orangy blink blink which we always see with our naked eyes when we look into the sky.

Ok.. I just find astronomy so cool, so interesting, so amazing! So lucky to get to study it as an elective. At least I get to know more about the universe!


Stars! Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home