Name:
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Year 3 NTU Chemistry'2011 Currently on an exchange at University of Warwick for the Spring/Summer Term.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Back from SPMS FOC!!!

I'm finally back from the SPMS FOC!!!

What can I say about it?? It was damn tiring but I enjoyed myself with lotsa fun, fun and more fun! It's only the 2nd year that SPMS is organizing freshmen orientation camp, though it's not the best of all camps I've attended, it was definitely a memorable one.

A great thanks to all OGLs & Seniors Attach (SA) for making the 5D4N camp an enjoyable one.
This year's camp theme was Food Frenzy. Our group name?? - LATTE!!!


Nothing much special happened on the first day of camp. It was just checking in into Hall of Residence 10 with our respective roommates (I stayed with my TPJC bandmate!) , lots & lots of self-introduction, ice-breaker games and learning of the many cheers and songs (typical of camps).

The real fun experience began on the second day of the camp, where we had pool games in the morning at the Students Recreation Centre (SRC).

The weather was so so hot and it felt great to be able to soak myself in the pool while playing the games. I swear I became darker despite the usual thick layer of sun-block lotion which I applied. My friend shrieked when she saw the swimming costume tan lines on my shoulders just within minutes after I'd gone into the sun.




It was field games in the afternoon. I especially liked the station where we played captain's ball using fruits!

We used fruits like apple, orange & bananas! Imagine catching a falling banana too forcefully such that it gets squashed right in your hands or tripping over an orange. It was hilarious! Fun fun!

We also learnt Mass Dance after lunch. As there were just too few guys in my OG, I had to dance the guy's role in the couple dance but it was fun too! The song's very fast and the moves felt abit like a mix of old school + erm.. lindy hop? haha!

Night games involved lots of running around the whole NTU. Racing against other OGs between several game stations to and fro North spine & South spine.

After the game, we (Latte) went to the very cool roof top area of the School of Art, Design & Media to chill and snack.


On the third day, we played the ang-moh version of Shi Zhi Lu Kou - food race around Singapore. I felt damn sleepy at the start as I only had less than 3 hrs of sleep the night b4. Thus, disregarding any concerns about image, we slept on the mrt on the journey from boon lay to city hall.

Had perked up a lil' after that, all ready for the race!

The final destination was at East Coast Park where we had our lunch before the beach game began. Name of the game? - Doll up!!! (using sexy mini clothes on our male og models) Hahaha!! Fun fun...

More night games after dinner and we also pratised our item for Talentime!

Had less than 3 hrs of sleep as usual.

The highlights for the fourth day included Clueddo - where we had to run around the Uni to collect clues from several stations to investigate & solve a "Campus Murder Case". Very very interesting!
Dirty games - VERY DIRTY yet fun & memorable.
And not forgetting the campfire night where we had bbq session and the Talentime! We did a skit + choral & our OG won the Talentime!!!


It was the last night of our camp & finally... the fright night! =S The activities ended only at ard 5am so after washing up & packing stuffs, I managed to get only one and a half hrs of sleep @.@


Even though after the camp, my legs really felt like as though they're gonna break + my panda eye rings became darker. I must really applaud the seniors for coming up with such interesting, fresh and fun ideas for all the games as well as the fright night.

Oh oh! Latte placed 2nd! for our overall performances out of 6 OGs. Thanks to you enthu peeps! Shall upload more photos when i get them later.


Meanwhile...



3 cheers & 3 cheers & 3 cheers for LATTE!
Hip hip, Hurray!

Hip hip, Hurray!

Hip hip, Hurray!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home